From the archive record
Priest leading the congregation for Mass spoken prayer during Easter service at St. Paul Church in Landour, April 2014. St. Paul's is an Anglican church in Landour, India. The church was built in 1839 and first consecrated on May 1, 1840, by Bishop Daniel Wilson of Calcutta. From 1840 to 1947, the church was run by military chaplains for the cantonment used primarily by the British residents of Landour and the British Military Hospital during the British Raj. St. Paul's was built in 1840 by Bishop Daniel Wilson who saw the need for the construction of a church in Landour, which would become the main station of the Anglican church in the Dehradun district. Upon its opening, St. Paul's was government owned and could seat 250 people. It was created for the particular use of the British troops